Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Moved to Alaska

Today was the big day. I moved to Alaska today, generally speaking. I’m in Eagle River now, spending a few days in the Anchorage area with my cousins. It was a very long day of traveling around the country. They just don’t make getting to Alaska easy! I learned quite a bit along the way

1. Sea-Tac Airport in Seattle is my least favorite thus far. Would it be so hard to label a terminal? Honestly, I have literally run across London-Heathrow with no wrong turns and yet I couldn’t seem to maneuver around the Seattle Airport. I made the executive decision to just follow all the other Alaska Air people, and they led me to the right place. Tricky tricky. Reminded me of the Vienna Trams….if everyone is getting off at a random stop, chances are you want to do the same. On the up side, they have really neat planes.




2. Leaving home isn’t easy when you like the people you are leaving. It’s hard to be emotionally stable during outrageous moves across the planet alone. Many times I thought to myself “I’m leaving a good life behind, and for what exactly? I’ve never actually met these people!” I know it will be a great year, but it’s hard to see that far ahead right now.

3. You should fly on the right side of the plane in a window seat on the way to Anchorage. It’s gorgeous!





4. It really is light outside in the summer at ridiculous times of the night.




5. Alaska is a very long way from Oklahoma.


-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment