Monday, July 18, 2011

Oh, The Things You'll Find

When you move to Alaska, you find all sorts of crazy things in your room. Mostly in my room, I find a lot of random books. Seriously, there are hundreds in there . . . and I forgot that I squirreled them away in so many places.

Example 1: An Introductory French Course book, published in 1858 with an 1882 inscription in the front cover.

Example 2: The Best Lincoln Stories, published in 1898 with a 1900 inscription in the front cover.

Example 3: The Giver, First Edition published in 1993 with an author-autographed inscription (Reads: With love to those who read - remember - and GIVE - Lois Lowry, 1994)

Example 4: Fablehaven, Advanced Reader's Copy (ARC)

Where did I get some of those books? I have no clue. Especially that first one. I mean, I don't know a word in French. German? Yes. Spanish? Yes. Siberian Yupik? Yes. English? Of course. But French? Why do I have that?

I have way too much stuff. I've sent tubs and tubs of stuff up to Alaska, and yet I still have a room that looks well-lived in.

I swear it all multiplies behind my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment