Thursday, January 10, 2013

Our Semi-Annual Trip to the City

Right now, this is our life: we go Outside once a year, and we go to the City twice a year.

I was ready for our trip to the City (otherwise known as Anchorage) this year.  I needed a haircut, some clothes, a manicure, and we desperately needed food.  Even more than all that, I just needed to be back in a city where I could go out to a movie with my boyfriend on a date or not have to prepare my own food for once.


We went shopping.  A lot.  But we only get to go shopping twice a year, so don't judge.  :)


A REAL DATE NIGHT!!!  Dinner and a movie with my sweetheart in our new clothes and new phones and mani/pedi and new shoes and new haircuts . . . and I'm even wearing a city purse.  


Finally, I get to wear city shoes OUTSIDE!  (Nevermind that Aaron got tired of me walking so slow on the ice and made me change into more practical snowboots halfway through the night) lol


 Date night at the movies!


 Hey Dad, we found the recruiter in the Anchorage mall!  (Next duty station?? lol jokes)


 And of course, no trip out of the bush is complete without an Emergency Room visit.  Last time it was me . . . this time it was Aaron.  We literally left the restaurant mid-bite and drove straight to the ER.  He was not happy, but they fixed him up.

 After hours of waiting for help in the Native hospital, we were tired and hungry. And this was the last picture I took at the hospital before they tried to just give him immodium and send us on our way (I could have gotten that at Walmart and checked myself out . . . after four hours of waiting in a hospital, they'd better give us something better than that!)


Next up, our Christmas trip to Aaron's parents' home in Wainwright (AK)!

1 comment:

  1. This blog is quite different and great explanation about the trip experience. we are offer a CRUDE UPDATES
    MCX TIPS FREE TRIAL ON MOBILE commodity tips free trial

    ReplyDelete