Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Interview


The interview has come and gone, and I believe it went very well.  I was prepared for all of the questions that were asked.  As far as interview questions go, they were fairly standard and easily answered after so many OC methods courses.  This might sound strange, but I actually enjoyed the interview.  It was like a fun conversation.  Though now that I think about it, who doesn't like to talk about themselves and their beliefs for an hour?

Right now, they are checking up on me and calling my references.  I should know a whole lot more next week.  With any luck at all, I will receive a letter of intent very soon!

Until I hear anything more, I will leave off with a quotation from the book I am currently reading (Walden):

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment:  that if one advances confidently in the directions of his dreams, and endeavours to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.  He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary . . .   In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness.  If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be.  Now put the foundations under them."      -Henry David Thoreau


-Megan

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED that quote, good work :)
    I'm SO EXCITED that you've completely the interview and practically have the job!!! I better be one of the firsts (besides your family) to receive a phone call with the fantastic news :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete