Tuesday, December 30, 2008

One Step Closer


Here's the big news:  I have an interview with the Bering Strait School District on 5 January 2009!

I uploaded my resume to the Alaska Teacher Placement website, and I indicated that I was interested in a job with BSSD.  Within a week the BSSD personnel director found my resume and asked for an interview!  

It is actually a bit ironic.  I had planned on emailing him that weekend anyway in order to express my interest in BSSD, but he emailed me before I got the chance.  I was so surprised to see his name in my email inbox!  I was ecstatic for the rest of the day, and I am still pretty excited now.  I just emailed him my references and portfolio materials.

BSSD is my first choice, so I really hope this works out.  I need to go over some interview questions but I am not so nervous. I plan on just being myself and with any luck that will be enough.  

And for those of you that are wondering, no I am not flying up to Alaska for the interview.  We are going to Skype or phone the interview.  :-)  It's a long and expensive trip up there, and I need the money for the move next year!

Stay tuned for the details and results of my interview!

-Megan

2 comments: