Monday, December 1, 2008

The Start of Something New


I have a confession:  I am not a teacher in the Alaskan Bush. 

Not yet, anyway.

This blog will chronicle my journey to Alaska as an educator.  I have done the research and I have made an informed decision:  I want to teach in the arctic villages of rural Alaska.  Hopefully this blog can help someone else in a similar position.

And hopefully, I will accept a job up North within the next three to five months.  Then the real fun will begin.

I will try to update during each stage of my employment seeking process, as I think it will help others in their own quests to do the same.  Also, it helps me organize my thoughts.  

Until then, fair winds and following seas--

-Megan

1 comment:

  1. Update - I did receve your e-mail concerning your interview with the Bering Strait School District (in NW Alaska) I have not heard anything as of yet but it's still the Holidays. Your interview is set for Jan 5 and I know you are more then qualified. Hold on it's gonna be a great ride.
    -Duckster

    ReplyDelete