Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School!

It's here, the day is here! My first day of school as a first year teacher, and I survived! Only just barely, but I'm here and alive and feeling optimistic at this moment.

Before school started, I ran around the school taking pictures of people. Was I THAT prepared that I could afford the time to do that? No, I was not, but I preferred that to concentrating on the butterflies fluttering in my stomach.








There was a BEAUTIFUL double rainbow just before school started today! I could see it right outside my window. It actually started at the North Beach and ended on the South Beach right beside the airport. I decided to see it as a good omen.





Maybe it's too early to tell, but I think it's going to be a great year! I have a really clever class. Day One Down: So far, so good.

-Megan

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are so lucky to have you as their teacher!! You will make a difference in each of their lives. Can't wait to hear about all of your new experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would take the rainbow as a good omen too. I see it as God's way of telling me not to worry, He'll take care of it. I would love to be a student in your class.
    And seriously, I LOVE that top you're wearing.
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will have a great year. The children in Gambell are wonderful. I taught in Gambell from 2003 - 2008 and loved every day. I am sure you will too. From Diana Darby

    ReplyDelete